Whitepaper - Employer Sanctions Act
Our whitepaper explains how businesses are impacted by the illegal worker legislation.
The paper was written by Mark Webster, one of the most recognised names in Australian Immigration Law.
The main areas covered in our White Paper include:
- Offences for allowing a person to work or continue to work on the wrong visa
- No requirement to show knowledge or intent to prove an offence
- Impact on recruiters and labour hire companies
- Personal liability for company officers and directors
- Penalties under the Act – fines of $18,900 to $315,000 per offence, as well as jail time
- How to avoid liability under the Employer Sanctions Legislation by conducting regular visa checks